Thank you for visiting Wtree! These terms of service (the “Terms”) govern your access to and use of Wtree websites and services (the “Services”), so please carefully read them before using the Services.
Registration and Account Security
Wtree users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
3. Once your registration has been completed, you will have a Wtree’s account log-in and password. You must keep your account password secure and immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account by a third party. Wtree may not be held liable for any losses caused by an unauthorized use of your account. You may never use any other user account without such user’s permission.
4. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
5. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
Our intellectual property rights
The Wtree’s content included on or accessible through the Site (such as text, logos and favicons, names, designations, button icons, features, functionalities, information, data, typefaces, and other material and software made available by us, referred to as the “Wtree’s Content” is owned by Wtree and is protected by copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, an/or other proprietary rights, and you acquire no right on or over the Wtree’s Content.
All images and other information added to Wtree via external websites are copywrited by their respective site owners. Wtree respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. It is Wtree's policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others. Wtree will respond to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Wtree website that are reported to us
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email should also include contact details of the person sending email and full web image url, web page url of the item(s) being reported. An email receipt/confirmation on the matter should be send within 30 days.
Your intellectual property rights
Any Web content you record or create on the Site through any content board, tree catalog, image collection, user profile, avatar (small picture you add to your public user profile) or which may be stored in the Website (each a “User Content”) belongs to you and we acknowledge that any User Content posted by you on the Site remains your property under intellectual property laws applicable to such User Content (right of authorship, copyright, specific law applicable to databases or any other proprietary rights).
By making your User Content accessible to other users through our ‘Share’ service, you agree to allow the user of your choice to view, use, edit and reproduce your content.
User Content which you create and share are protected under the law applicable to databases.
Safety of Wtree
We do our best to keep Wtree safe. We need your help to keep Wtree safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing on Wtree.
2. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
3. You will not use Wtree to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
4. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Wtree, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Wtree functionality.
5. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
We are under no legal obligation to, and therefore will not, monitor or control any Web content you or any other user records or publishes on the Site through any map, iframe, user profile, avatar (small picture you add to your public user profile), public discussion, or which may be transmitted or broadcast through, posted to and/or stored in the Website (each a “User Content”).
You are responsible and liable for your use of the Site and Services, and in particular for any User Content you publish on the Site and for all consequences of sharing /publishing it on the Site.
You are responsible for ensuring that your User Content complies with all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations. In particular, your User Content must not (i) infringe any third party intellectual property rights, (ii) cause any other personal or moral loss or distress (including libel, slander, etc.) or infringe the right of privacy, or (iii) be contrary to public order (including, for instance, attempts to justify crime against humanity, incite to racial hatred, promote child pornography, etc.).
You agree not to use the Service in an inappropriate or objectionable manner, and are prohibited to harvest or collect email addresses or any other personal information, register for serial accounts, misrepresent who you are, post or share any unsolicited advertising, promotional material (spam, junk mails, chain letters…) or material that contains virus or other malicious programs, and more generally to use the Service or the Site in any manner that may damage, disable, overburden or impair the Service and/or the Site or third parties networks, software or equipment.
You agree not to modify, enhance, edit, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based upon, or otherwise alter in part or in full any Wtree’s Content.
Exclusion of warranty
The Services are provided "as is" and Wtree makes no warranty or representation to you with respect to such Services or the Site. In particular, Wtree does not represent or warrant that: (i) your use of the Services will meet your requirements or expectations, (ii) the Site will be continuously available (including, but not limited to, in the event of scheduled or unscheduled interruption for maintenance) and your use of the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or free from error, (iii) the information obtained through your use of the Services will be accurate or reliable or, (iv) defects or errors in the operation or functionality of any software provided to you as part of the Services will be corrected.
Feedback you provide
We value feedback from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can improve our Wtree and make it more awesome. If you choose to submit comments, ideas or feedback, you agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you.
Termination of your account
Mobile and Other Devices
In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on Wtree within 48 hours to ensure that your data is not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
We may revise these Terms from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on our website, so please check those pages regularly.
Acceptable Use Policy
You will not, and will not attempt to, misuse the Services, and will use the Services only in a manner consistent with the Wtree’s Acceptable Use Policy.
Wtree will collect personal information when you register and use Wtree’s Services made available through the Site.
Information required for your registration:
In order to complete your registration, you are required to provide us with a user name and a valid email address. You can use the ‘Search’ function on the Site without having to register and create an account, but you will not be able to use some of the Services offered by Wtree.
When you access Wtree’s Services, our servers record information sent by your Web browser ("Log Data").
Log Data may include information such as time and date of visit, the tree that you have created, your IP address, browser type, the web pages you visit on our Site, incoming links (including search requests), advertisements or hypertexts, and outgoing links you follow once you leave our Site.
We use the above-mentioned Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and of our Services, and for the technical administration of the Site.
Cookies & LSO:
The cookie is implemented in your personal computer after your registration and at any identification session (in the case the cookie has been removed from your computer). This is a persistent cookie which remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies may be removed by following your Web browser help file directions. Information about how to refuse implementation of cookies may be available on the website of your personal data commissioner/authority. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
Processing and rights
Wtree only processes personal information for the following purposes:
1. Providing you with the Services made available through the Site
2. Managing your registration account
3. Developing Wtree’s network community and to improve our Services
4. Promote our Services and/or any new functionality offered through our Services
5. Displaying customized content and advertising destined to you.
By using our Services you consent to the processing of your personal information for the purposes mentioned here above.
Your personal information is processed for the purposes of internal management of the Site and for providing/improving our Services. We will offer you an effective way to opt out of such process by following the instructions included in our communications or placed on the Site.
For any processing of your personal information for other purposes, your prior consent will be requested.
Information sharing and disclosure
Protection and confidentiality of your personal data is a major concern of Wtree.
We do not share with thirds parties any personal information about you, except to the extent strictly required for Site hosting and maintenance, database storage and management.
We will share your personal information with such technical contractors, but only to the extent strictly necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Wtree uses selectively third party services to improve the quality of our Services. You understand that some features you may choose to activate can trigger the sharing of personal data to third parties.
Confidentiality and security
The confidentiality and security of your personal information is a priority for Wtree.
We set up and use physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from inappropriate processing.
In particular, we have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures aiming at protecting your personal data from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
Links to other Websites
The Site is not directed to persons under 18. If a parent or guardian discovers that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he/she should contact us at email@example.com and we will immediately delete such information from our file.
Acceptable Use Policy
Wtree is used by thousands of people, and we are grateful for the trust that you placed in us. At the same time we expect you to use our services responsibly.
You agree not to misuse the Wtree services. For example, you must not, and must not attempt to use the services to do the following things.
1. probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network
2. breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures
3. access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, shared areas of the Service you have not been invited to, Wtree (or our service providers’) computer systems;
4. interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services;
5. plant malware or otherwise use the Services to distribute malware;
6. access or search the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”);
7. send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
8. send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
9. publish anything that is fraudulent, misleading, or infringes another's rights;
10. promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization;
11. impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
12. abuse Wtree referrals to get more credit for referrals than deserved;
13. publish or share materials that are unlawfully pornographic or indecent, or that advocate bigotry, religious, racial or ethnic hatred;
14. violate the law in any way, or to violate the privacy of others, or to defame others.